JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
The Senior Operations Geologist provides operations geology support, interfaces between development geology/subsurface and well engineering team, development of geological programs, guide and supervise well site geologist and service companies.
Reports to the Chief Technology and Operating Officer
• Minimum of 15 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 8 years as Senior Operations Geologist with relevant experience.
• Extensive experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
• Recent offshore experience (Jack-up or deep offshore rig) is required
• Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
• Minimum Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geology
• Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES – SENIOR OPERATIONS GEOLOGIST
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Subsurface engineering and development of geological programmes in co-ordination with subsurface team and reservoir engineers.
• Knowledge of operating subsurface related software.
• Petro-physics for logging evaluation.
• Correlation for setting downhole equipment.
• Develop evaluation plan and detailed wireline logging programs including MDT samplings and advanced logging requirements, tool requirements, coring and mud logging programmes.
• Assist in developing well test objectives.
• Pore pressure and fracture pressure prediction.
• Offset well analysis and regional correlations, development of litho-column and formation tops with uncertainty matrix
• Management of well site geologists
• Manage wireline and mud logging contracts etc
• To perform quality check and be the custodian of Daily Geological Reports
• Knowledge of Geophysics, Subsurface engineering,
• Experience on extended reach and horizontal wells.
• Familiarity with various types of logging tools and log interpretation
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Understanding of all well construction project management starting from well engineering design, planning, preparation to the execution phase.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and tight deadlines;
• Effective decision maker with the ability to apply and follow through on decisions and actions
• Effective coordination and interface with internal team and external contractors, and partners.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work with teams.
• Must be innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
• Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than have standards imposed
Post Your CV Today and Connect directly with top Employers. Post it now --> https://goo.gl/fjyhEx Make sure complete all required fields and sections of a CV must be fully completed. Once it done and You will get a assured job based on your profile.
Project Engineer – 1 Vacancy 1. Must B. Sc. Engineering/BE/B. Tech in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical. 2. Must have at least 5 years...Apply For This Job
We are looking for following categories: 1. Piping Engineer 2. Instrument Engineer (Programming & Integration) 3. Electrical Engineer (Above candidates...Apply For This Job
For a leading Oil & Gas company required Instrumentation engineer, Planning Engineer & Electrical Engineer. 1. Should be engineering graduate....Apply For This Job
A well reputed company Urgently looking for 1. Customer care coordinator 2. Receptionist 3. Civil Foreman 4. Mechanical Engineer(Kuwait Engineering...Apply For This Job